08 June 2009

So fucking pissed. . .California can suck my ass.

More budgetary bullshit.

I normally don't come on here and talk about work but for fucksakes. . .I need to vent.

My department currently has 1131 deputies working full time. A lot you say? Well considering the fact that Sacramento County has over 1.36 million people living in (7) Seven incorporated areas and (23) Twenty-three unicorporated areas with a total size of over 994 square miles, and considering that the actual patrol division has 651 personnel assigned to it, that leaves a current ratio of 1 patrol deputy to 2090 people.

Out of a $190 million dollar budget deficit in the county, the board of supervisors has saddled the department with $84 million dollars of responsibility.

What does that mean for us?

A reduction of the patrol division by 300 deputies. Flat out. One division, our most dangerous and violent area known as Central, will be reducing from 120 to 30 deputies overnight.

In addition, 370 personnel, including 300 deputies will be laid off. The detective positions will be turned into patrol positions, leaving a skeleton investigative staff. Unconfirmed rumors also dictate that the Special Enforcement Detail, Aero division, K-9, and most other special divisions will be eliminated or seriously depleted.

That leaves approximately 831 deputies left to protect 1.36 million people, supervise 5000+ inmates in (2) two jail facilities, and about 60-80 patrol officers to cover several shifts for the ENTIRE COUNTY.

My shift, which currently has 30 deputies assigned to it, will lose 18 of them. Friends of mine, with families, houses, etc. And I can't do a damn thing about it. And our Union can't do a damn thing about it. (Or won't)

And the kicker is, the Union is negotiating a contract extension proposal. I look at it this way. If we are losing people, then to hell with ANY raises (for the time being). Some of the more brainwashed folks (the ones not getting laid off) are looking at their own futures and apparently can only see dollar signs instead of REAL people losing their homes and ability to provide for their children/families.

I'm at a loss. I don't know exactly what to do or how to react. One (1) of the guys getting the axe works with me directly and he is GOLDEN. Great person, hard worker, getting married in September and he is DECIMATED.

Fuck California, Fuck the Government, and FUCK any civilian that talks shit about Law Enforcement being overstaffed and overpaid.

1 comment:

  1. Shit I wish you guys were "overpaid".....Teachers and Cops are the shittiest compensated jobs ever. Again, like I told Supergoober, not surprised. As much as I miss you guys and the sights, I don't miss the state politics......and I don't miss the moronic voters who don't see the problem.

    ReplyDelete

Zombie Soundboard

Night of the Living Dead Soundboard

28 Days Later Soundboard