20 February 2009

KublaCon 2009 . . Burlingame, California . .Hyatt Regency Burlingame

Well for those of you that have no frackin' idea what I'm talking about, this is basically a gaming convention in the Bay Area (California).

"Gaming" includes pen-and-paper role playing games, military strategy table top games, boardgames, card games, live action role playing games, etc. etc. . you get it. Everything you can think of in terms of good ole' fashioned gaming (Not gambling or computer games though).

I say ole' fashioned because it is the gritty stuff that games are made of; rolling dice, character sheets, moving playing pieces, talking, discussion, problem-solving, scenarios, socializing, and essentially, being in FRONT of, face-to-face with real live people! Not sitting in your underwear and a smelly fracking robe, sucking on a two-liter bottle of Pepsi, barking at your girlfriend to make you some food while you play Star Wars Galaxies for 18 hours of your miserable existence a day.

I'm talking about getting out and mingling with other nerds! Yaaaaaay!! I got mail!!

It's something that I have been involved with for the past 22 years and something I will continue to be involved in until I'm food for worms.

The main reason that I have stayed involved is that it gives me a chance to get together with my lifelong friends (25+ years). I still find it amazing that we have stayed together for this amount of time.

In addition to participating in the gaming convention, I also contribute by "running" games, or GM'ing (GameMaster). This year, my game involves a graphic horror genre (go figure).

Here's a synopsis of the event:

Title: DID YOU JUST HEAR SOMETHING?

You are at home, a quiet neighborhood nestled in the heart of a rural community, relaxing to the sound of rain and the gentle rustling of the leaves in the trees outside your window.

Your eyelids are half closed as you begin to fall asleep, the television volume barely audible . . . a dog barking in the distance. .

Then a sound outside startles you. .

There it is again. . . .

Well, there ya go. If you are interested, take a peek at this website:

Kublacon 2009

Keep your weapons clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zombie Soundboard

Night of the Living Dead Soundboard

28 Days Later Soundboard