03 February 2009

Nooooo! I missed a day! Nooooo! Water and Fuel Storage.

It was because of work, trust me. It is so suitable that I work a true 12 hour graveyard shift and I post on a zombie incident survival blog. I quite literally blacken out my windows at home, turn the television on very low volume, and have a nice long turd before falling fast asleep.



When I'm not falling fast asleep, I flip on the ole' PS3 and work on my hand-eye coordination by playing some Call of Duty:World at War Online. Damn kids these days are good! or they cheat really well. . . bah. . . 4 to 1 kill ratio isn't too bad, or so I say.

More on Zombie Survival:

Organization in the home is key. Get rid of the JUNK! Organize your survival supplies into a centralized area. I use one wall in my garage using shelving and two large wheeled storage containers. I like this method because it allows me easy access to all of the items, it let's me see them all in one area, and I have room to work (the garage floor). Also, it is located near the vehicles so I can easily transfer the items to the truck quickly.

Remember, if you store things like extra water and fuel, you want to change those out regularly. Conservatively speaking, and to keep everything fresh, you want to change it out every couple of months. You can use bottled water which stores well, or if you pour your own tap water into containers (I recommend 5 gallon containers for ease of transport) you should look into liquid household bleach (5.25% sodium hypochlorite/ .5 teaspoon per 5 gallons) or iodine (100 drops per 5 gallons) for storage.

BOILING WORKS TOO.

Fuel should be stored in metal fuel cans away from hot water heaters, flame sources, electrical outlets, etc. A shed would be good. Change the fuel out every 1-2 months with fresh stuff and keep enough for at least an additional tank (28 gallons for me).

Food: I recommend MRE's, canned goods, backpacking meals, and other non-perishable items that can keep for some time.

More on survival goods later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zombie Soundboard

Night of the Living Dead Soundboard

28 Days Later Soundboard